What are we doing at ISKCON Naperville during this time? Message from the president of ISKCON Naperville:
Dear members and visitors of ISKCON Naperville,
We at ISKCON Naperville are closely watching the coronavirus situation. It’s common sense but a good reminder to wash hands regularly, not touch your face, and cover your cough. For more information click the CDC link HERE (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/get-your-household-ready-for-COVID-19.html).
If you or anyone in your family is sick, please get the necessary rest and avoid attending the temple programs for at least 2 weeks (14 days) after the last person in the family has completely recovered, for the safety of others.
The above guidelines are applicable for the following cases also: Please don’t come to the temple if:
- You have fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- You have been around anyone else with the above symptoms.
- You have a compromised immune system
- You are worried about catching the coronavirus disease
- You have traveled to high-risk countries listed by the CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/ or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to one of these countries.
The temple is taking following precautions:
- We require all cooks to wash their hands before and during the cooking process, stopping every 30 minutes or so to rewash their hands with hot water and soap for 20 seconds.
- Anyone involved in cooking or serving prasadam must follow hand-washing guidelines. Servers must wear disposable glove.
- Only authorized persons are allowed in the kitchen.
- Use only inside shoes while working in the kitchen area.
- Do not bring your containers for prasadam.
- Cleaning of prasadam hall and kitchen will be done using disinfectants like Clorox, Lysol etc.
- Anyone showing any symptoms of any illness should remain out of the kitchen and also not serve prasadam.
- Place hand sanitizers at various locations in the temple.
- Avoid shaking hands with anyone.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Don’t pass around prasadam flowers, oil, or water until further notice.
- Charanamrt water should not be kept near the door. It has to be removed until further notice.
Some facts of about the Corona Virus
- The virus does not settle in the air, but on the ground, so it is not transmitted by air.
- The corona virus, when it falls on a metal surface, will live for 12 hours, so washing hands with soap and water well will do the trick.
- Corona virus when it falls on fabrics stays for 9 hours so washing clothes or exposing them to the sun for two hours is enough for the purpose of killing it.
- The virus lives on the hands for 10 minutes so putting on alcohol sanitizer is enough for the purpose of prevention.
These are some of the things we are doing at ISKCON Naperville for the safety of our congregation and community members. As and when additional information is available through CDC or other reliable sources we will communicate through email, news letters and other communication channels.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Premananda devi dasi
President, ISKCON Naperville